Exercise Training / Healthy Living
Making a commitment to manage your weight for the rest of your life is an
important part of your success. Exercise is a critical component in weight
management. Exercise keeps your muscle proteins intact and
stimulates your body to use fat stores as energy. Below are helpful links to
provide you with resources to help you choose a program that works for you.
Dr. Owens encourages patients to begin exercise as quickly as possible after surgery.
The Big E—How Essential is
Exercise Post Surgery?
Coastal Center for Obesity: Exercise Programs
- Exercise for Life- Learn the benefits of exercise and help create your exercise prescription.
- Weight Training for Fat Loss - Program Development: Matthew Rice, CSCS, NSCA-CPT. Learn which activities to choose and why.
- Strength Training - Program Development: Matthew Rice, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, Fred Beahm. View our animated examples of your beginning weight training program.
Coastal Center for Obesity: Additional Healthy Living Resources
- Bariatric Guru -
Many of us need information, accountability, motivation to stick to an exercise plan- The
Bariatric Guru is a great
resource and our partner in Patient Success!
successful weight loss patient Erin Akey turned her success into a Health and
Fitness Business Click here
for Erin’s program design for you!
- Fit and Flourishing Online Personal Training
2 week Free personal training ! At home, online with post op patient
turned Lifestyle Coach, Erin Akey.
Click here for info
- Listen to Dr. Owens' two part
interview with the Bariatric Guru on Fit Living Radio Interview
Click to Listen:
Part 1 -